Friday, January 9, 2009

Who Moved My Cheese?

This year is sure worth remembering for me. Alot HAPPENED and alot have CHANGED.
If I’ll think about it, looks like I’ve felt all the type of emotions this year. Happiness to sadness, hollowness to fulfillment, contentment to dreaming big again. And if you’ll ask me how I feel about it? My answer is, it makes me go crazy sometimes, but looking at it in totality, I feel wonderful about it. Coz these things changed me to be strong, fearless, competitive, motivated, matured and optimistic. That whatever circumstances may hit me now, I know how to deal with it better.


Most people fear change the same way they fear failure. I used to feel that too, but like failure, I don’t fear change any longer.


At a time big change hit me, I’ve focused my time with my work and with the people around me. And the things that keep me going and be positive are my faith, friends and family. But as they say, when one door closes windows open. This is so true, coz when something important to me ended, a lot of good things started to happen for me. That includes gaining back a lot of friends, closeness with my family, career recognition and exposure, spiritual peacefulness, and a better me. That’s when I came to realize that change is like a blessing in disguise of better things that has to happen.


After the change, there was a time I became contented with the way things are. Taking each thing as it comes. Until one day, my boss recommended me for training, that’s "Managing One Self Program". I’ve learned that to better appreciate change, you should adapt with change and look forward/anticipate change.


The most important thing I’ve learned from this is to never stop visualizing and how to deal with change that can ruin your vision or worse, your life. It may sound vague, but for me, it gave me a clear picture on how I’ll do with my future. I’m not saying I’m very certain with what will happen, but more of whatever future will bring, not only my optimism will help me cope, but I’m equipped with tools on how to deal with it, good or bad. One tool that helped me is this book, “Who Moved My Cheese?” Just a quick background, “Cheese” represents the things that are important to your life. Things that you wish to have. Things that you think you can’t leave without. Everyone have their own cheese in life, and whenever it change or goes out, we tend to freak out and become sad. As we all know, the only certain thing in this life is change, so for sure, this book will help you a lot in dealing with it. It’s hard to explain it in a concise sentences or even paragraph, so I recommend that you read the book. I’m pretty sure after you read it, you’d understand me.

To end this, here’s a summary of what I’ve learned from the book.

Change Happens
They Keep Moving The Cheese

Anticipate Change
Get Ready For The Cheese To Move

Monitor Change
Smell the Cheese Often So You Know When It Is
Getting Old.

Adapt To Change Quickly
The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner
You Can Enjoy New Cheese.

Change
Move With The Cheese
Enjoy Change!

Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment