Friday, January 9, 2009

Love

Falling in love, I should say, was one of the most wonderful things that ever happened to me. Love that can conquer anything and can make you do everything for your honeybunch, sweetheart, babe, or wa’ever you call it, even if people think you’re “ga-ga” or “stupid”. Then when people ask why do you do that? All you can say is “Love”.

Growing up in a country where people feels that “teleserye” are for real while “real life” is drama, I once believed that love should conquer anything and everything, just like how they show it in teleserye. So I’ve loved with all my heart, I was ready to sacrifice and give up everything for the person. And as a song lyrics said, I was ready to give him the world right at the palm of his hand. Honestly, I actually did, I’ve sacrificed even the most important thing that matters to me, my own dream. But unlike the teleserye I’ve followed, my real life drama didn’t end, together happily ever after. And if my own drama will leave ala-Sharon-cuneta-famous-movie-line, that’ll be, “Iniwan ko ang mahal ko dahil sa mahal ko na iniwan ako”, with a teardrop at the left eye. Haha.

I don’t regret it tho, falling in love gave me the best happy mem’ries I could ever cherish. But other than the happiness and wretchedness it brought me, it taught me lessons in life I could never learn the other way. It broke the “love myths” that teleseryes have empowered my naive heart. Loving and brokenness open me to the reality that love will never be like teleseryes that’s happily ever after. It’s the opposite, it’ll give you numerous pains and learning that never ends. But if you ask how to make it last? You’d be surprise to know that Love isn’t the answer, it’s the person’s commitment to make it last. Coz Love itself fades, even deep-true love does. Sad but true.

And the best lesson I’ve learned so far is that love should not conquer anything and everything, that’s a false belief. You should always love yourself first. Never let anyone take over your life, and worse, even sacrifice what you want for anyone. Live and discover for yourself and what you want, and then share it with the person you love. Anything too much is bad, even love.

No comments:

Post a Comment