Saturday, January 10, 2009

Changing Mindset

Life’s a choice. “Destiny” believers will say the contrary, but for someone who has been in the both side, I found out that 90% of the time it is true and I’ll leave the 10% to divine intervention or call it, “fortuitous”. In anything, there’s always two side of the story that we cannot really say which is right or not. Indifferences as we call it. With two sides comes two different beliefs, and when one cross from one belief to another thus indeed a miracle. Miracle as it is, I’ve proven that it doesn’t completely rest to miracle for this to happen. I’ve happened to proved that it all comes down to “mindset”. Changing mindset leads to different perspective. :)

Before, I’m a person of “heart over mind”. I grew up believing that you should always follow your heart. Despite the great influence of analysis in my field, I always end up setting aside my rational for the whole benefit of my heart. And I honestly don’t see any problem with it, coz for 22 years that helped me reach the level of where I am now because of my heart. Following it feeds me the great desire that helped me reached for what I want by extreme will, even if it’s irrational. That gave me a lot of happiness in the past which I’m very thankful of. But I realized that following my heart made me short-sighted. Coz I do not listen to everybody else’s logic coz I always felt that my heart tells me the right thing coz it felt it was the thing that could make me happy. And as I’ve said there’s nothing wrong with it. But the only thing that I didn’t like with this is I felt I’ve missed some things in my journey in following my heart. I still value my heart coz it gives me my life, but now, in every battle of my heart and mind, I usually give bias to my mind. It may not be the right thing, but I noticed that clinging to my rational gave me this open mind to anything including disappointment, resentment, annoyance and anything negative. That whatever negative circumstance happens, I can surpass it without feeling too bad and gave me more courage to be better. It’s amazing to see the light of a different mind coz things are so different. Different that sometimes it scares you coz it’s out of your comfort zone or “used to be”. That’s “three” different in two sentences coz it’s really different. Hahaha. With rationality I felt so happy despite the most tragic of tragic, I had more time to do what I want and be open to different “wants”, and it gave me courage to look brightly in the future instead of mourning into the past or to problems. It gave me open-mind to see possibilities in each circumstance and lastly, it made me feel calm and grateful in every breathing moment.haha. So different that probably my old-self wouldn’t completely agree with how I think now or probably it wouldn’t even surpass the circumstances. But all I know is it gave me happiness to anything but anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment