Saturday, January 10, 2009

Passing By

The world revolves 24-hours, and since I’m still young, I can survive 24-hours sleepless, did that for a few times already. Other than working and living at night, my worse-unhealthy-habit was not sleeping 24-hours to 32 hours straight. Work-acholic as I was, the past years I was too focused with my career and other stuff that health was my least priority. Good thing I woke up now before I start experiencing its side effects.

Health is wealth; most people say that to me. I used to listen but forget it after 5-minutes. I even used to feel that time is so short for all the stuff I need to do that 24-hours isn’t enough already. Worse even lying down on my bed couldn’t make me sleep coz of these “stuff”. Career-freak as I was, sleeping was hard-work for me. No wonder pimples freaked out of me and people see me as “28-year-old with 3-children”…OUCH. Hahaha. But encountering the word “balance”, I personally agree that 24-hours are enough for everything without looking as a stress-tab-haggard-model. Plus I’ve even looked blooming. Haha. :)

With all the turn-around that happened to me in 2008, I noticed that this year I’ve attended to a lot of funerals from a colleague, batch mate, childhood friend and just recently a relative. Death is the most dreadful topic for me before. I can’t even listen to a single ghost story plus I can’t even dare to look at the coffin on the wake. I always have this little fear of the unknown, like I wake up and realize that I’ve just been alive for 22 years now (and counting J) but will be sleeping or dead or in the unknown for the rest of the years. That thought bring fear to me before, but now, it’s a different story.

Now, death is a reminder for me that life’s just temporary. That whatever you accomplish, whatever you have and whatever you do is just temporary. But you shouldn’t live in fear or be a bummer, instead try to make the best out of it. Fulfill those dreams, do what you want, be crazy and live fully each day not forgetting to try to balance everything in your life: relationship, health, career and spiritual. For you’ll never know until when you’d be able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment