Saturday, January 10, 2009

Crossroads

Anything done first is both exciting and hard. Excitement comes from the desire of knowing much as we can that eventually becomes hard coz you have to do a lot of work and adjustment. My desire for learning now is too high that sometimes it does frustrate me. As we know, in our world today, there’s too much information going around that can lead us to become overloaded with stuff. And it’s up to you on which to believe in and follow thru. In my quest to learning, I’ve read a lot of books, looked into a lot of websites and asked around to get as much of a deal, and I can say I do feel overwhelmed sometimes. So when it happens, I stop and does something fun, like hang out with my friends and my family. Then afterwards, go back to my quest again.

I’m a professional accountant, and I used to be very sure of my track to where I wanna be in this field. I used to be so sure on where I’m going before something had to be done that I had to get out of the course where I was looking at. The reason for my detour is already gone. That left me too devastated for months because I felt I’ve lost both my career and my life. I can always go back to my old track if I wanted to, like a prodigal son I just need to admit that I was mislead. Tho I know I’ve made the wrong move of detouring, at the moment I no longer feel that I still want what I’ve used to dream about. That it does scare me coz the path I want to pursue now is a little different to the course of my profession and it is very risky. It’s a course not looked as successful at the early stage but once you hit the right blend, its financial impact is indeed very rewarding. But as I’ve said, it’s very risky bcoz the reward isn’t sure. It’ll depend on how good you get in blending it. Very unlike of my old track, coz my old dream was a sure successful thing if you persevere in it, if you work and put your soul it in, literally, coz the work does require it. That’s why I felt I was having a mid-life crisis, at the end of a crossroad having to choose between the left or right route. Depending on me which route is “right”.

Now, I think I did make my choice already and I am starting it up. I’ve taken a few babysteps already. Tho the reward financially isn’t here yet, but I feel like I am at the right path coz I feel happy. And isn’t it the most important thing? But I know I’ll go thru a deal of failures from this path, but I just need to keep reminding myself to keep moving forward and start all over again, anyways, anything first is both exciting and hard. For sure, it’ll be a fun route of more learning. As they say, success and failure comes hand in hand. Success comes from multiple failures and those who win just know how to stand up.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment