Friday, January 9, 2009

The Jungle

I used to think that blogs are done by those who have nothing better to do and just plain bored. And karma, someone once blurted that I have so much free time since I always publish a blog. Hahaha. And that person has no idea. But anyways, now I know for a fact that blogs are for people who’d love to vent thru this instead of venting it to other people and ofcourse for people who has the gift to write. What’s good about blogging is you can write anything and won’t be graded or something (well, for some, for sure they’d make fun of your errors, but who cares, they may be worse if they do.).

For me, blogging is not only my venting point. It’s my notebook and reminders of the lessons I’ve learned and would like to remember. Honestly, I re-read my blogs once in awhile, especially when I’m really tired and annoyed, I do that just to remind me of things. But the happiest thing about blogging is when someone actually appreciates your work and is inspired with your words.

I’ve always love reading but dreads writing. Well, not coz I don’t know how to write, but coz I’m not good in expressing myself. I have this thing that when I say something, most of the time, the person I’m talking to gets the wrong idea or is missing my point. Actually, it still happens up to now, people misinterpreting my words, but I realized now that it’s not coz of my writing, it’s the other person’s thinking and on how he/she’d reacts on things. Coz I realized now that no matter how cautious you are with your words, some people are just too sensitive and pessimist. And that’s one thing I know I have to deal with for the rest of my life.

In this jungle of life, I’ve met so many different kinds of people. Well, that’s what you get when you were raised to be mobile. Not everyone knows, but one thing that’s weird about my life is that in my almost 16 years of studying, I’ve attended 10 schools. Yep, you read it right, 10 schools, but ofcourse I only officially declare three (one I graduated in Grade school, highschool and college).haha. If you wonder how and why, well, it’s a very long story. You need to ask me personally.hahaha. Well, back to my topic, the advantage of this was I became independent, open-minded, flexible, adaptable, exposed to change and lastly, I’ve learned to mind my own business. For some, it means insensitive, snob, bitch or whatever, but for me, I like it better that way. Also, during those times, I’ve met different kinds of people, carefree to serious, simple to kikay, jologs to conya, thrifty to spender, listener to talker, conservative to aggressive, shy to confident, professional to unprofessional, name it, I’ve encountered them at one point or another. Before, it annoys me, especially those people who I don’t like, but now I’ve learned to laugh on them. Haha. I’ve learned not to be affected and just continue minding my own business. For some, it’s being autistic, but for me, I’m just plainly minding my own thing. I know for a fact that it’s not 100% good, coz ofcourse you need to mingle too, but for a person who values transparency, I’d rather show how I really am than pretend to be someone I’m not. But I’m not a loner tho, not even choosy, but I guess from all the mobility I’ve been into, I’ve learned to know who to trust and who shouldn’t.

This year, I came to realize one talent I would want to develop, and obviously, it’s my writing skills. And blogging is my training ground. There’s too much thing to learn and experience in this life, I’m just 22 but I’ve known it for a fact now, and I wouldn’t want to miss the chance to leave a trail of what I’ve gone thru and have learned thru this jungle. For those who take time to read it, thank you for the appreciation and till my next blog, and hopefully, on my own book.

No comments:

Post a Comment