Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh Philippines!

I duno how many times I’ve said these two words, whether I’m happy saying it or not. And I know a lot have already listed things they’d like and hate about it. Some tag it as “PI”, which I thought then as “P***** Ina”, later on I knew that it means “Philippine Island”. But other than the endless comments I hear about PI, I wonder what more can I say.

I’ve already lived in PI for 22 years, and if this globalization didn’t happen, up to now, I’d be thinking PI is the best paradise in this planet. And honestly, I never thought of leaving it until I was exposed to the lifestyle of other countries. And what’s with them that PI doesn’t have? Just one word, stability.

I once watched “Simple Life”. Yeah, Paris Hilton and her bessy. And whenever I watch it, I’m not sure of what I’ll feel. Sometimes I’m mesmerized by Paris classiness, but half of me want to laugh and cry with what they call, “A Simple Life”. I’ll repeat that word in my head then sigh, “Oh Philippines”. And why? Geez… their simple life, is the life I’ve always dream to have. Hahaha. Yeah, chant with me, “Oh Philippines”. What’s that simple life anyways? Just a two-storey house enough for regular family and one to three “regular” cars. Plain and simple. Wow?? Wow!!!! Hahaha. Oh well, maybe for some of the “blessed” pinoys out there, it is simple, but for “will be blessed” like me (*wink* haha), it’s something I have to work hard for. And what’s dreadful sometimes is, I’m thinking how long before I’d have it? Accountant as I am, I did have calculated it already. And the burden of the years, I’ll keep it to myself. Haha.

This is the only contribution I’d like to add to the long list of why people love to say, “Oh Philippines”. There’s too many reason, but for me, this is the only material thing, stability.

And now, if you ask me, will I leave PI coz of this? My answer, I still have another 22 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment