Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bonjour 2009!!

A new year may mean a year older or a new beginning. Most have probably listed their New Year’s resolutions or plans. And I wasn’t spared to this question, “What’s my new year’s resolution?” That question made me smile.

I’m a woman of objective, well, stating it simple; I don’t usually wait for a new year to set a plan. I’m naturally futuristic and I always try to plan ahead. With my old-self, I was goal-oriented but short-sighted. I grew up lucky that whenever I want something and set my whole focus in it, I usually get what I want. Lucky, huh? J But I was then too short-sighted coz I’ve always wanted to get what I want the way I’ve pictured it by will-power and faith. The only problem with my old-self is that I’m too futuristic that sometimes I tend to neglect or set-aside “today”. And that’s what I love about the new-me, coz the new me lives fully today but futuristic at the same time. Is it possible? Well, I can see that it is. And it’s just a game of “balance”. :)

In our world now, a lot of people are having a hard time, especially those I see homeless in the metro. Sometimes I wonder if it was just merely fate that brought them in such situation or there’s something else lacking? And whenever I see these people, I do feel saddened, but it makes me think of this phrase at the same time, “What I am is God’s gift to me, what I become is my gift to God”.

Everybody knows how to pray (except atheist, of course), and I wonder sometimes how others pray. Do they ask for a 100% worry-free life? Or do they ask for a miracle to happen? I grew up in a 100% catholic family and was educated 100% by a catholic school/university from kinder until I received my diploma. And I used to think that everybody had their theology class for 16years.hahaha. Being exposed to a catholic environment, prayer is a daily activity for me. And to increase the level of intensity of my prayer, I do novenas.haha. And what do I usually pray? Before, I ask help in whatever I want at that moment. And I guess, most will agree that they do
the same.

But this year was different, I seldom pray for what I want anymore, not even help, or miracle or a worry-free life. Guess I was awaken by the truth that I’m living in an imperfect world. What I ask now is a proper state of heart and mind that is strong enough to face whatever this imperfect world will throw to my face. :)

And to begin 2009, I’d answer that question, “What’s my new year’s resolution?” And my answer is nothing. All I need is a light to have a proper state of mind and heart, and then everything in 2009 (and the rest of my years) will be alright. :)

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment