Monday, March 30, 2009

Habit 3: Put First Things First

In the past, I always put my focus into one. Whenever something interests me, I’ll strive to be at my best on that something. I always strive for “efficiency” instead of “effectiveness”. Other than being efficient, I also tend to be “do-it-all” type of person. I never say “No”. As I’ve blogged a few weeks ago, never saying “no” isn’t good at all. You should learn to say “no”.

Habit 3 teach about dealing with urgency and importance, putting things first without losing balance. Most people lack balance in life, either their too pre-occupied with work, love, family, school, business etc. Such lackness causes them to feel stressed, haggard and unhappy with life which also at times lead to broken relationships. I used to be one of those who don’t believe there is this real “balance” in life. Now, I’m happy to say that my life never felt this balanced as I started to learn the trick. :D

When I say balanced, it doesn’t mean complete equilibrium in all aspect, mind you, it can’t be perfect equality. Someone have said that life balance is like your four fingers (exclude your thumb). If you’d look at these fingers, they’re not created equal but their close to it. In viewing life’s balance, you can look at your fingers to remind you the “almost equality” in the four aspect of life, that’s mental, spiritual, physical and emotional.

When you start to understand this, you’d see life as easy as ABC. Haha. You’d start to appreciate how wonderful life is and how you can live it to the fullest, day by day. You’d realized that “busy” is the most irrelevant excuse you can ever say for you’d never be busy. You’d start to view the word “busy” to mean lack of control on the most important asset of life which is TIME. For you do have all the time to build relationship and produce outputs, it’s just rest to you on WHAT’s valuable that leads to your happiness. :D

As I started to apply this in my life, a noticeably changed in my aura and outlook started to come out. Now I feel bubblier, younger and happier than I ever felt. :D To start attracting positive vibes in your life, aim for balance, and from there you’d start to attract positive things for you feel positively happy with life. Remember, like attracts like. :D

“Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of the things which matter least”. – GOETHE

No comments:

Post a Comment