Thursday, August 6, 2009

Full-time with part-time

Months ago, I was someone living a life of prestige, stability and security only achieved thru a highly-valued employment. Back then, I was a full-time professional accountant working my way up to the ladder of the corporate world. But along the way, little by little my eyes opened up to a different world, a reality that got not only my attention but my whole life in totality.
Now, I’m living in a world of unstable, non-secured and non-prestige life of a free person. I’m currently resigning from my stable and secured job with no assured job to replace it yet. For I have this free mindset that made me choose to let go of the stable and secured life to face the bigger possibility of being successful in where I can do best.

The freedom excites me for I can see great possibilities of my success, but the temporary setbacks and emotional feeling of the unknown is what I’m currently struggling to face. Such includes the feeling of exhaustion on having to get up in the morning and walk towards work. I gave the current company a two months notice of my resignation for I have some paper works that I still need to finish. And right now, I still have 36-days left to drag myself again and again. But for past two days, I’ve been at home on leave trying to find out how to settle the upcoming days of no pay, plus start planning in building my businesses. Unlike others who calculate a lot before taking their jump, in this decision I had, I rationalized for several months convincing myself to be safe and secured in staying until such day comes I can no longer tolerate the weight of dragging myself to work that I decided to finally resign and leave with just my confidence and faith on my baggage. What I did is to decide and take on the circumstances that I’d be facing along the way.

Early circumstance of my choice of freedom is the question, what’s next? After being comfortable in a company for two years, here I am trying to figure out where I want to go next. If I’m not different now, I’d for sure look for another company that can give me much better prestige, stability and security that I can work on full-time. But different as I am, now I’m considering the fact of being full-time in part-time. And how the heck is that?
Being full time with part time just means focusing on looking for work that won’t have prestige and stability but will give me part-time income that I’d be needing to sustain my monetary needs but at the same time can give me my time that I need in producing the things that are important to me, and building the wealth that I dream. :)

This is the journey that I’ve decided to live on starting the day I chose my freedom over prestige. And despite all the circumstances, both good and bad, that’ll come my way, my spirit is uplifting me too much for it excites me to sail my journey, meet the circumstances and lessons along the way until finally, I find my dreams. :)

As Steve Jobs have quoted,

“If u are working on something exciting that u really care about, u don't have to be pushed. The vision pulls u.”

1 comment:

  1. Full-time LIFE and part-time WORK. I like that idea. Taking more time to focus on things that is important and on things that you really want to do. Life is too short to waste on something not so meaningful. Arlene :-)

    ReplyDelete