Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Filipina - A Mother & Leader

Few days ago, the name Cory Aquino didn’t appeal that much to me. She was just a political figure who I’ve been hearing since year 1. I’m EDSA 1 baby myself, born in February of 1986. I really didn’t know how much this person has contributed to our country and to my life ‘til this day.
I knew and have seen that she’s a big contribution in our country just by how much people she have influenced now that she’s dead, but something have kept me thinking with her life and death. I’ve appreciate not her presidency but her life as a mother and as a leader. Her influence awed me so much that started last Monday when I was in Ayala Avenue waiting with thousands of other professionals and non-professionals in Makati, waiting under the sun, just to pay tribute to her when she passes by our area. People waited for two hours for a 5-15 minutes glimpse of her. It was heartfelt and overwhelming to see professionals gathering together for this woman, a non-career and typical-loving-Filipina mother who became a president by calling and fate.

Then today, here in Quirino Avenue Malate, I paid tribute to her once again with the masses of Malate, a mixture of suburbs and urban poor community. Once again, I felt the contribution of this Filipina woman of affection, integrity and faith.

She reminds of my own personal mission statement. To live a life with the end in mind, a life that’s live with values that are important to me and to keep a life of integrity, affection, love and faith and a strong will to keep moving forward in this life. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment